LATEST CARILLION JOB CUTS 'CALLOUS' SAYS GMB
Some people received emails on Saturday simply telling them not to bother turning up for work on Monday says union.
GMB, the union for Carillion workers, has branded the latest round of Carillion job cuts 'callous'.
The official reciever this morning confirmed a futher 452 posts had been made redundant. 
Rehana Azam, GMB National Secretary said:
“Loyal Carillion staff are being treated with utter contempt by PWC.
“The receiver told the task force that central office staff would remain in place until April – then this morning we see almost 500 are being booted out.
“It’s not just the fact so many are being made redundant – it’s the callous way PWC are going about it which is so outrageous.
“Some people received emails on Saturday simply telling them not to bother turning up for work on Monday.
“Others have been given less than a day’s notice.
“And the ones that still have a job are in limbo – like some horrific zero hours contract they turn up to work each day not knowing if they’ll still have a job at the end of the day.
“Both the Receiver and PWC must follow proper procedure and consult over redundancies."
Contact: GMB Press Office on 07958 156846 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors: