GMB “Campaigns For Justice” Conference Running Order For Friday 5th & Saturday 6th September 2014 John Moores University Liverpool
There will be speakers from the different campaigns for justice for those who have suffered as a consequence of powerful forces thinking they are above the law and it is now time to try to join the dots in these campaigns says GMB.
The two day GMB organised “Campaigns for Justice” conference takes place at John Moores University in Liverpool on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th September.
The running order for speakers at the conference is as follows:
- Dave Smith (Blacklisting Support Group), 1.45pm 5th
- Andy Burnham (Shadow Health Secretary) 2pm 5th
- Margaret Aspinall (Hillsborough Family Support Group) 2.50pm 5th
- Brian Reade (Daily Mirror) 3.25pm 5th
- David Conn (The Guardian) 4.10 5th
- Dave Hopper (Durham Miners Association) will speak about Orgreave and the treatment of miners by the same police who marshalled Hillsborough and failed to deal with the scandal in Rotherham. 10.15am 6th
- Neil Findlay (MSP) on issues related to miner’s strike.11am 6th
- Alistair Morgan who has for 24 years fought to get his brothers killers brought to justice after he exposed “serious police corruption”. 12noon 6th
- Tom Watson Labour MP who exposed wrongdoing at News International 12.45pm 6th
- Ricky Tomlinson (Shrewsbury 24 Campaign) 2.30pm 6th
- Bryan Davies (Remploy) 3.30pm 6th
- Eddie Marnell one of the jailed workers at Cammell Laird and still trying to get papers released with Dave Hulse 3.45pm 6th
Neil Smith, GMB political officer, said “GMB is involved in a number of campaigns for justice for people who have suffered as a consequence of powerful forces thinking they are above the law.
We have lined up speakers involved with the different campaigns. It is now time to try to join the dots in these different campaigns for justice.
We hope that the event will help the campaigns to expose those who abused their positions of power and colluded with a number of agencies to suppress people’s rights. We also hope it helps the different campaigns win new recruits and gain fresh momentum to secure the justice these campaigns have long sought.”
Contact: Neil Smith 07740 804063 or Terry Mellor 07970 410905 or 0161 627 3062 or contact Neil Smith by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or GMB press office 07921 289880.