GMB “Campaigns For Justice” Conference Friday 5th & Saturday 6th September 2014 John Moores University Liverpool
There will be speakers from the different campaigns for justice for those who have suffered as a consequence of powerful forces thinking they are above the law and it is now time to try to join the dots in these campaigns says GMB.
GMB has organised a 2 day “Campaigns for Justice” conference at John Moores University in Liverpool on Friday and Saturday 5th & 6th September.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Margaret Aspinall (Hillsborough Family Support Group)
- Andy Burnham (Shadow Health Secretary)
- Tom Watson (MP)
- Ricky Tomlinson (Shrewsbury 24 Campaign)
- Dave Hopper (Durham Miners Association) will speak about Orgreave and the treatment of miners by the same police who marshalled Hillsborough.
- Bryan Davies (Remploy)
- Dave Smith (Blacklisting Support Group),
- Eddie Marnell one of the jailed workers at Cammel Lairds and still trying to get papers released.
- Neil Findlay (MSP) on issues related to miner’s strike.
- David Conn (The Guardian)
- Alistair Morgan who has for 24 years fought to get his brothers killers brought to justice after he exposed “serious police corruption”.
Neil Smith, GMB political officer, said “GMB is involved in a number of campaigns for justice for people who have suffered as a consequence of powerful forces thinking they are above the law.
We have lined up speakers involved with the different campaigns. It is now time to try to join the dots in these different campaigns for justice.
Tickets will be on a strictly invitation only basis, but interested parties can contact GMB to secure an invite. The tickets are free. We will make full details of the conference available shortly. Media are welcome to apply for credentials.”
Contact Neil Smith 07740 804063 or Terry Mellor 07970 410905 or 0161 627 3062 or contact Neil Smith by email: email@example.com or GMB press office 07921 289880.