Our speakers will tell you their stories from the front line in the battle for justice.
GMB’s Campaign for Justice Conference 2017 lifts the lid on the Srebrenica genocide, child sex exploitation and corrupt cops.
Investigating Westminster scandals, fatal accidents due to worn tyres and justice for mineworkers are also on the agenda for the two day event. 
GMB North West and Irish Region’s Campaign For Justice Conference 2017 takes place on September 8 and 9 at the following location: [See note 2 to apply for press credentials]
The Liner Hotel
Lord Nelson Street
Speakers at the event are:
· Ali ilyas, solicitor-advocate and Labour Councillor who will discuss the genocide in Srebrenica
· Journalist David Henke, who exposed Neil Hamilton in the cash for questions scandal and caused Peter Mandelson to resign, discusses his current investigations and why information is now being ignored, suppressed and not investigated
· Sarah Rowbotham, an NHS whistleblower sacked for trying to bring child sex exploitation to her superiors
· Frank Mathews, a former Scotland Yard detective who blew the whistle on serious corruption, racism and incompetence - only to be targeted by Special Branch whilst in a witness protection programme hiding from corrupt cops and their criminal associates
· Tyre safety campaigner Francis Molloy whose son Michael tragically lost his life at the age of 18 after the coach he was on crashed when travelling back from the music festival, Bestival. The fatal crash was caused by a tyre that was nearly 20 years old.
· Ian Johnson, who has taken the reins at the Justice for Mineworkers campaign, launched following the year-long 84/85 miners’ strike
Neil Smith, GMB Political Officer, said:
“GMB’s Campaign for Justice Conference 2017 is a celebration of those taking the fight to powerful forces who consider themselves above the law.
“Sadly we see burning injustice continue in many forms, including genocide, child sex exploitation, police corruption and more.
“Our speakers will tell you their stories from the front line in the battle for justice.”
Contact: Neil Smith on 07740 804063 or GMB press office on 07958 156846 or at email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
 For more details on the speakers, visit http://www.gmbnorthwest.co.uk/news/gmb-campaigns-justice-2017-conference-be-held-8-and-9-september
 To apply for press credentials, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com